Survivors

Survivors
Combating Dystopia.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Required Viewing: Lavender Scare (the Documentary)


Joe. My. God.: TRAILER: <i>The Lavender Scare</i>:

One of my favorite books in my Gender in the Cold War class (seriously) was a book by the same name. Not only was it completely eye opening, it was one of the saddest, most profoundly swept-under-rug travesties of modern justice I've ever seen. This trailer just reignites that sentiment...and resent the McCarthy era all the more. This needs to be seen, there are/were thousands of men and women who were systematically purged from their careers merely because of their private lives and the allegation that this put them at higher risk of "corruption", Injustices that have never really been accounted for before or since. I strongly reccomend you watch this if you get the opportunity if you're interested in an oft downplayed moment of modern injustice.

No comments:

Post a Comment